List of new features
- Enter Power In Watts, FTP% and Zones
- Add Types to intervals (Warm-up, Active, Cool down…)
- Text Descriptions (For easy to follow outdoor workouts)
- Sets and Reps editor mode click here to read about how efficient it can be.
- Cadence ( 80-90 rpm for example)
Currently we are not pushing these new values to TrainingPeaks or Garmin but we plan to do it soon. Also we need to extend the MRC and ERG specification to include these values which we are working on as well.
Below is a 4-minute video
describing the new workout editor.
Below you can see how interval type works with the text descriptions. The possible interval type values are (warm-up, active, cooldown, interval, rest, free-ride, sfr, lap, climb, +, -). The + indicates that is is a main focus of the workout and the – indicates it is secondary work. The +, sfr, climb are all bold in the text description to indicate this primary work. SFR stands for “Salite-Forza-Resistenza” which is a common term in pro-cycling to indicate very low RPM, power zone 2 work.
Text Description "Rules"
The goal of text descriptions are to make simple workouts that are possible to remember or you can text(sms) or email them to yourself to read on a workout. Here are the basic rules for text descriptions to show up.
- Must be simple (maximum of 10 rows of text). If you use the new sets and reps editor it aligns with the number of rows of text
- Can not contain ramps. Ramps means start% is different than end%. Just start with a empty workout and turn on cadence and it removes the option to have different end% We now support ramps!!!
Sets and reps can really save you time. See an example workout here using both the standard editor and sets and reps editor
We now support seconds again. :30 or 0:30, 10:30, 10:15, …. min:sec format.
Adde Zwift File Import
Go to the Create workout page and click upload your .zwo files and save and that’s it. You can download, or send to other platforms at that point in time.
** IMPORTANT NOTE **
For ZWO files. Not all interval types are support. None of the funny shapes. Also free-ride is supported but is converted to 65%.